K-State Libraries Strategic Plan
K-State Libraries will support the university as a next-generation, land-grant library — setting the standard for inspiring learning, creativity, discovery and engagement that positively impacts society and transforms lives in Kansas and around the world.
We defend the rights of our users to privacy.
We value partnerships in all we do.
We are trustworthy, effective and efficient curators of our resources.
Build a culture that supports diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Revise the purpose and terminology of the previously named IDEAS committee (inclusion, diversity, equity, accessibility, social justice) to align with K-State.
- Develop a plan to recruit diverse applicants for Libraries positions.
- Implement a training program for Libraries employees related to DEIB.
Leverage and elevate the Sunderland Foundation Innovation Lab to maximize engagement, drive technological discovery and learning, and improve outreach.
- Hire additional staff.
- Finalize a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Libraries and university IT and administration.
- Develop a programming plan that aligns with the Libraries’ strategic plan.
Fully integrate the Libraries into the research support mission while strategically building capacity through structures, resources and people.
- Manage phases of the program to include university stakeholders; review and update the RSS online presence; explore new staffing models, etc.
- Conduct a needs assessment for necessary services related to research support.
- Build and strengthen university relationships to ensure provided services meet the needs of the university.
Strengthen and elevate the structure of scholarly communication, in addition to identifying and pursuing appropriate programs and scope of work that support research, innovation and discovery in alignment with staffing.
- Strengthen the scholarly communication structure and staffing within the Libraries’ organizational structure.
- Review the Center for the Advancement of Digital Scholarship (CADS) programs and scope of work.
- Improve the efficiency and accuracy of the Open/Alternative Textbook Initiative (OATI) administrative fee.