Borrow and renew
Borrow and renew
Patrons can check out materials by presenting their K-State ID or using their community patron library account at any library help desk. There is also a self-checkout machine available on the second floor of Hale Library.
K-State students, staff and faculty are eligible to borrow materials. Other users may be able to borrow materials through one of our other borrowing programs.
How long can I borrow items?
General loan periods are determined by your category below. Items not returned by their due date may result in late fees.
Exceptions to the general loan periods include:
- Journals printed after 2009: non-renewable 7 day loan period
- Maps, DVDs and videotapes: 30 day loan period renewable 1 time
- Course reserves: varies by item
- Interlibrary loan materials: varies by item
You might not be able to renew an item if:
- Your renewal limit is reached.
- Your account is blocked due to lost materials.
- An item is a reserve item or is a journal/periodical.
- An item has been requested for course reserves.
You can request due date extensions for these items by contacting Library Help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to return books and materials
Most books can be returned at any library help desk or in a library book drop. In most cases, material borrowed from one campus library may be returned to any other campus library.
Return these items directly to a library help desk to avoid fines:
- Course reserves: must be returned to the help desk from which they were checked out.
- VHS, DVDs, CDs and maps
Book drop locations
- Parking lot north of Dickens Hall (drive-through)
- Sidewalk west of Hale Library, facing the English/Counseling Services building